Friday, January 13, 2006

To Jail

Today we went to Little Rock to go to the childrens museum...Even though I raced to get home across the bridge before traffic, I got stuck. It took us 45 minutes to cross...and there was an ambulance that passed. I thought both boys would be fascinated by the sirens, but instead they said, "WHOA...there's a policeman!...and he's taking someone to JAIL!" Sure enough, next to us in standstill traffic was a police car taking someone to jail.

The conversation went something like this (as I tried not to goon and said thanks that the back windows were tinted.)


Why mom?? Why is he going to jail?

Well, I guess he must have done something really bad.

Really bad, Mom? He did something really bad?

Yeah, it's got to be really bad to take someone to jail.

Long pause, and then a VERY serious voice..."He must have hit his brother."

Thank you, God, for the precious (and hysterical) innocence of my children.



Thought I would add a sweet pic with their Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Great story. The innocence of children! I love the fact that your guys are at all stages of eye closure - Charlie, wide awake, Chuck - eyes half open/closed, Zach - eyes closed. See no evil, see evil partially, see all evil --- (to take poetic license with "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil").

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home