Monday, December 12, 2005

Happy Birthday, Jamie Sue

We were fortunate to grow up in a family home with two parents who loved and valued us. Our childhood was fairly ordinary, interlaced with the usual ups and downs that life bestows. We fussed, we fought, and many days, could not agree on anything...but when times were tough, one was always there for the other.

Jamie is the youngest and probably the sanest in the family. I truly believe that this is a result of her watching and learning from others' mistakes. Her common sense and insightful approach to life never ceases to amaze me. She has the uncanny ability to see the reality of a situation. More than once, she has brought me back to earth with her straight forward and sound advice.


Jamie is a rock. I have loved watching my little sister grow into the amazing woman she is. Her days are filled with keeping people alive (literally) while raising a new baby and maintaining a busy home that also includes husband Jay and two big dogs. Through it all, she stays grounded...she stays real. I respect her more than anyone. Though sometimes I may not like what she may say, I always listen to her wisdom...and although I hate to admit it, I usually follow her advice.

She is an incredible mom...laid back and so very in love with her little man. She doesn't freak out or fret over the little things that consume and exhaust most first time mothers...she simply enjoys the moment. How refreshing.

God has (literally) placed us together to endure some of the most difficult moments in each others lives...in times when we didn't know if we could survive...In times when death seemed to be at the door. Those times drew us closer. As sisters, we have clung tighter in the past 18 months than ever. In a situation that could have destroyed our relationship, we vowed to make it stronger. We have...and I am so glad.

Happy birthday, my precious sister. You are my angel.

1 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Amen to all you said about Jamie.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home