Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Pickin Pumpkins

We took our playgroup to the pumpkin patch last week. It is amazing how much it has grown in the past year! It started with 4 or 5 moms and has more than doubled. What a blessing!


Playgroup is a time that my boys have really grown to love. It is wonderful to see them develop relationships with their friends. Having moved a lot, I never had a friend that I grew up with. Chuck is always saying, "I have known him since 1st grade"...it is a really special feeling to see my boys connect with these kids and know that they could very well be in each others weddings. We will blink and be sending them to Kindergarten, high school, and then college.

I hope that they realize that in a world that can be so cruel, a good friend makes all the difference. I want for them to learn that a friend worth keeping is the one who builds you up and makes you feel good. It's not the cool, the good-looking, or the popular kids. I want them to not only seek good friends, but BE that good friend. I love all these little kids. They have such amazing personalities already. Is it because I love their families so much...bacause I KNOW that these moms want their kids to grow up to be Godly, no to mention share, not hit, spit or cuss... and all the other important things? Is it that easy to pick your kids friends?? Surely I am still in the sheltered world of a toddler. I don't want them to grow up.


Zach made sure that he got the PERFECT pumpkin. He was so proud. He kept saying, "Mom...this is SO heavy! But I am strong. See my muscles?" It is here that he would drop his pumpkin to the ground from a waist high level to show his biceps.




Charlie loves picking up 3 or 4 before he gets the perfect one.




I was so grateful that a friend took a picture of me with the boys. I realized that from 3600 pictures in my photo file, this may be the only one of me with the boys. Sad--but I'm always the one snapping the pics.




All in all, it was a wonderful day. Lots of laughs, not too many catastrophes. Beautiful fall weather, even prettier scenery.

1 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Stacy: Welcome. Love the pics and your take on the boys and their relationships. Later.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home