Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Here we go.

Well here we are. The McClains. That is, the Chuck McClains. The Chuck, the Stacy, the Charlie, and the Zach. 36, 32, 4, and 2. I, Stacy, am the author of this thing. Chuck is my amazing husband of 7 years, boyfriend of 10. He is my friend and my life. He is also the most incredible dad I have ever encountered...In our house, he is the man. While he is so very funny--it took me YEARS to learn when he was kidding--he is also very compassionate. He puts everyone before himself. He has a life rule: "Always do the nice thing." He follows it religiously. I will blog about his life rules sometime, they are impressive. When he talks to someone, he looks INTO his or her life to see how they are...Not just at the surface. It was once said of Chuck, "Still waters run deep." He is my deep. He is insightful, calm, and balanced. He is steady. I am most definitely the turbulence: running fast (from one thing to the next), always changing (my mind, it seems)...I often wonder if it is my personality or my stage of life. Are they one in the same? Regardless, we balance each other perfectly.

We have two beautiful boys. 99% of this blog will be about them...They keep me so busy, so humored, so frustrated, yet so happy. They are inseparable and are best friends. I pray this will never change.

Charlie is actually Charles Morris McClain IV. He is one incredible little guy already. A fighter since before he was born, his daily journey through life inspires (and exhausts) me. He has the sweetest spirit. It is never broken by life's tough trials. One of my hopes is that he grows up with many traits from Charles the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. They are all remarkable men.

Zach, or Zachary Marshall McClain is named after two of his great-grandparents. He will be three on Halloween and is a little man who is daily "coming into his own" with this growing up thing. He is precious precious precious...And is daily changing before my eyes. He is sensitive, emotional, and VERBAL about both. I can never get enough of him.


I don't know a thing about this blogging stuff except that I LOVE to read other peoples stuff. I have loved catching glimpses into the crazy days of people very much like myself. I reminds me that this life that seems so out of control is really quite normal. My sister-in-law, Sweet Jennie is an avid blogger and I have been so inspired by her insight to life.

So I am going to blog. Why? More than anything, I have come to realize that I will NEVER remember all the sweet, crazy, unbelievable moments that flood every day. How can I let them pass by? Fair warning: I am in no way a writer. I know this is not what is important. What matters is that a certain memory is saved forever.

So, here we go. Here is our life.
Thanks for being a part of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Stacy: What a tribute to your guys. So well articulated and so true. Love to read your stuff and look at your pics. cmmjr

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home