Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My First Half-Marathon

It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I ran, I finished, I survived. I loved every minute of it.

In a nutshell, it took 2 hrs, 16 min, 8 seconds which is 10:24 minute per mile. It isn't great, it isn't fast...but it is complete. It is 11 months of hard training coming to fruition.




I loved having Chuck and the boys there to blow kisses at the start...it made my heart swell. It meant the world that they were there to cheer and wave at the finish line. I sobbed when I saw them because they have cheered for me the entire 11 months...on the treadmill they would yell--GO FASTER! In the stroller, they would shout--TIME TO RUN!

I also LOVED seeing the patients at St. Jude at mile 10 cheering and thanking us for running for them. Wow. How humbling. We cried for the next mile.

I ran the whole race with my friend Jessica Fagan. That was amazing...and I was SO glad to be done at mile 13---SHE ran 26!








There were 5211 people in the race...of the 3680 that ran the 1/2, I was finished #2081...that is pretty slow. But Zach will tell anyone who will listen that I won the race. I DID win the race...I was #1 to him and I met my goal of finishing!

I do not hesitate in saying that ANYONE can run . But no matter what you do, find something that you love, that is yours alone...and stay committed to it. It is so rewarding.

2 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Stacy, I just rediscovered your blog. I've been out of commission for awhile. Jack Wyatt got me going. Not too shabby on the times. You said it was slow, but just finishing would do it for me. Proud of you. Later. cmmjr

10:11 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am thrilled for you both. What an amazing cool mom you will be... We are going to visit YQ last weekend in January to do 1/2 marathon #2... Please keep us updated!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home