Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Gram

Today is the birthday of my wonderful mother-in-law. She is 60 years old!...and you would NEVER know it. We threw a huge party for her last Thursday...with magnificant decorations (from Lori and Carey), food, a slideshow, and a scrapbook full of pictures and letters sent in to her from her friends and loved ones. Tomorrow I will blog the pictures from the party. Today---my tribute to Gram. ...for an AMAZING blog of the party, see www.jem.squarespace.com

Practical Pat, Medical Pat, mother, mother-in-law, friend, Gram. These are the hats you wear. They may be what you do, but they certainly don't define you completely. Inner strength, grace, beauty, a pillar in your family, a source of stability, a constant. These are the words that come to mind when I think of Pat McClain.

I love the way you love our boys. I am grateful for the way you have accepted me into your family as one of your children. More than all these, you have given me a gift... a gift far more amazing than anything I could have ever dreamed of.

You have given me the gift of my husband. For over 20 years, you fed, cared for, loved, prayed for, and carefully molded your little boy into the man he is today. I couldn't ask for a more perfect husband ...one that honors his Lord, respects those around him, adores his boys, and cherishes me. You and Papa have instilled patience, humor, work ethic, tenderness, and the same quiet inner strength that you have.
He is perfect for me. He is my best friend and the love of my life...and I give you credit. Thank you.

I love living close to you and Papa and I have grown to treasure our relationship. As I said, you are a constant...you rarely miss an opportunity to be there for your family. For us, that means sharing with you nearly every game, performance, birthday, or Thursday night dinner. As our boys grow into men, they will not be able to think of a memory not shared with you. I can't think of anything more special in a child's life.

So...a tribute to Pat McClain. I love you...for who you are and for what you mean to all those around you. May God bless you with the same peace, hope, and love that you bring into the lives of others.

Happy 60th Birthday...
Love- Stacy

1 Comments:

Blogger sirrom said...

Stacy - Wow! What a tribute to Gram. And penned so eloquently. We, too, treasure the Thursday night dinners/suppers, soccer games and of course "toy basement" movie times. Long live Dumbo!! And the Three Stooges!! cmmjr

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home