Wednesday, March 29, 2006

My Amazing Charlie



My gosh, how time flies. Charlie, you are FIVE today. The days are long, but the years too short. Joyful, full of life, quirky, energetic, funny, smart...so smart, so grown up in our house and yet so young everywhere else. You are my entertainer...a leader, NOT a follower. Every day you teach me...I am constantly stumped by you and the amazing things you do. You teach me over and over that you, I can not control... nor can I control your world.


You woke up today refusing to turn five because you haven't had your party. Nope, not five until your friends, family, cake AND rocket ship were all present. What do you do with that?? Everyone that called got a "thank you" and an "I'm ALMOST FIVE."



Yesterday you told me if you ever had another brother, you would name him "Slim."

You can never get enough "Papa" and want to visit all the time...usually asking to ride Herbie or the Kabota.

You crave contact...you still love to be held, hugged, cuddled, and kissed. I hope this never goes away!

You love your brother more than anything else in the world. You'll tell anyone that bugs him--"LEAVE MY BROTHER ALONE!!"
You are the typical bossy big brother...but special in that you fight for him to be "all mine!", you are the best at making him laugh...you both are inseperable. You love him and he adores you.

Your strength amazes me...you have overcome SO much and come so far. I feel that together you and I with God's help, healing, and direction, have overcome so many of the roadblocks placed in front of us. It seems that they keep coming, though. Your life has been and will continue to be a constant testimony.

I have cherished every moment of our five years together and I pray for you. I pray for your salvation..that God will touch your heart in a very special way, for your health...that I may watch you grow into a man with a family of your own, and for your happiness...that you will find peace and contentment wherever you may go.

I love you love you love you...each day more than the last.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I can't believe I am the first person to comment on this adorable beautiful face and I love the bowling picture.
Happy Birthday Charlie, you don't me, but I wish you all the rockets in the world!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Thanks, Sweet Jennie...I learned from the best!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I got the J syndrom....I meant "you don't know me" please tell them in the future I promise I am brilliant :).
Oh can you imagine if OUR parents were bloggers during the 70's?

3:56 PM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Stacy: Powerful post. Love Charlie for me and promise a ride in the vehicle of his choice, Herbie or the "big orange Kubota".

9:32 PM  
Blogger rebstar said...

what precious words to your precious son. they were such a blessing to read!! a very happy belated birthday to dear charlie, the FIVE year old!! :)

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home