Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dedicated to God


Tomorrow is Eleanor's dedication. I am so excited because to Chuck and me, it is a time where we give her to the Lord...to commit to raise her with the Lord's guidance, tons of prayer, in church. My grandmother, Eleanor Fletcher was one of the most Godly women I have ever known...and I pray our little Eleanor grows to have her character and her faith. I hope and pray that she grow to have a tender heart and a loving spirit. I hope she finds Jesus at an early age and allows the Holy Spirit to guide her through her life...

The most special part of it will definitely be when Charles, her Papa, sings a song to her. Here are the lyrics...

Little hands, may they reach
to help the hurting
Little eyes, may they see
only the good in all
Little heart, may it beat
for Your will and no other
Little ears, may they hear
the still small voice of the Lord

CHORUS
Lord keep Your hands upon our little Eleanor
love and guide her, Jesus walk beside her
Lord keep Your hands upon our little baby
Our precious gift from above.

Little feet, may they walk
on the straight and narrow path
Little mouth, may it proclaim,
the goodness of the Lord (to chorus)

BRIDGE
And when she's grown, and we are gone,
we pray Your name she carries on
And by Your will, Oh Lord let it be
that she'll live with us for eternity.

Baby Song
From the album "Zion Sing!"
Words and music by: Melissa Champlion
©1998 All rights reserved

www.soulkeepermusic.com (go to this website to ehar the song if you want)

By the way, I had a lot of fun picking a gown for her to wear. I wanted something long and elegant, Chuck wanted something very simple. I think this dress is both...almost 3 ft long, silk, with only the braid across the front. I am hoping to pass it down to her children. I also love the headband that a lady made to match it (warmingtheheart.com to give credit where it is due...) She made it like she did when her own baby was dedicated...she called it a "crown of flowers" around her head. My special friend Wendy is making her a beautiful pearl bracelet for tomorrow. I will post pictures of it with the pics of the day.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennie said...

I'm so sad I missed it! Can't wait to see pictures from the actual day...Her gown is beautiful and I love these pictures!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

She is beautiful.
Love,
Andrea Lally

3:56 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

i wish i could have heard doc mcclain sing to her and that headband/bow is too cute.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

How did Doc get through it without crying? Or did he?

11:05 AM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Troy, you are right on target. I guess you avoid all eye contact with Stacy, Chuck, Charlie or Zach. But it was a beautiful service dedicating a beautiful baby girl to the Lord.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home