Sunday, June 11, 2006

Solved...

The mystery is solved. We found Whitey, the white hamster.

Eight days ago, his cage was left open and he jumped off the dryer. We have put out food, looked everywhere, and set traps (large buckets with food in the bottom and stairs going up) He never showed up. I first thought he was really sweet...and dumb. However, he evaded all our traps...I was beginning to think he was smarter than we thought....

I was wrong...

I was wrapping a present yesterday...I had a few spools of ribbon to choose from. I chose yellow. I was unwrapping a lot of it and BAM! He flew out the end of the spool. Needless to say, he had gotten stuck and had died SEVERAL days before inside my ribbon.

I nearly messed my pants. AAhhh, being the mom of boys.

Our friends Johnny and Anna were coming for the weekend...we had about an hour of family time before they got there to have a burial.

Chuck is such an amazing dad...he cared so much about how the boys would feel, how to explain it, etc...

Charlie wasn't even sad. He figures that we will just get another one. How terrible is that!? You can't kill one pet and just go get another!! How I pray for the right words.

The burial was the first of many, I am sure. Charlie will tell you..."I have a hamster named Whitey...he is dead and dirty."

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Am I the only one that finds this story HILARIOUS? I mean at least you found him before some bugs set up shop. I love how Charlie is nonchalant about it.

4:34 PM  
Blogger sirrom said...

Nice post. "Dead and dirty" about says it all. Now we need to "unbury" the time capsule for Class of 1987.

11:44 AM  
Blogger heartsjoy said...

Stacy, you are such a good writer! I have to agree with Crystal...too funny. I thought it was so sweet of Daddy to oversee the burial! I bet that was a bit alarming for you to see Whitey as a flying saucer.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home