Friday, June 01, 2007

Baby's Room

Her room is almost finished! I have worked and worked on the baby's room and I am so excited because it is so different than BOY stuff. It is pink and brown...brown walls, a pink ceiling with one wall that is striped. There are 2 chandeliers and 2 sconces and fun little rugs and pillows.


You see that the shelf needs to be hung and she has 18" letters coming that will hang over the dresser, under the shelf. See the little sitting room on the right?



Here is the little room...Chuck and our friend Tim Pitts made her the white shelves in the closet. He is going to sign his name and date it under one of the shelves. I just love the stripes and polka dots on the walls...and the chandelier matches the bigger one in the room...


I made the pad for the seat...it is reversible! one side elegant, one side fun. This took a week because I didn't know what I was doing.




I am so excited. A week ago, the bedding came in and it is just what I wanted--which is good because I decorated this whole room around it.



I sewed the drapes, shower curtain, and seat on the chest. Here is the shower curtain. You'll have to turn your head to the left :)


This is where the chair will sit. It should be ready next week. It is a brown chair with toile piping and the cushion is toile with brown piping...my sister in law Carey gave me that idea. I think it will turn out really fun.



My friend Anna Martin painted her the beauiful painting that I LOVE. I love it that it says "bless this child" on it. It is such an amazing gift and one I will always cherish.


So--here it is. This is what has consumed me for so many weeks...But I am SO glad that I am almost done. I can notimagine sewing that stuff now. Now all we need is a baby. We'll wait a little longer for her.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennie said...

It looks amazing! I had no idea you even sewed - I'm so impressed.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I actually DON'T really sew, which is what made it so difficult.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

HOw fun! A girl!!! Her room is adorable-hope you are doing well! I keep up with you from time to time from my mom which hears from your mom. Sounds as if you are truly blessed!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Stacy:
I don't know if you remember me - we went to OBU together (Kelly Martin) - I was a tri chi and lived with Kandi Knod West.
Anyway - I found your blog because your sister-in-law, Jennie, is a friend of a friend (small world).
All this to say - I clicked on your link today and I just wanted to tell you congratulations on soon to be 3 beautiful children. and I LOVE your nursery! That is exactly what I have envisioned in my mind for our nursery if we have a daughter one day. I've even bought several brown and pink things. I even have some of the materials you have used. It is precious!
You look the same - haven't aged a day! Hope you are doing well!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

You have an amazing talent! And this room is utterly gorgeous.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the nursery! Love the colors for a little girl and those chandeliers are perfect. So adorable!
I read your blog via a friend of a friends blog.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Troy said...

Stacy, How much Red Bull do you keep in your frig! You're great with child and still manage to get a bedroom redo finished before I do?! And sew the curtains! Looks really great.

5:19 PM  
Blogger rebstar said...

how am i just now seeing this gorgeous post?? but i am SO HAPPY...because i have SEEN this absolutely beautiful nursery with my own eyes!!

Stacy, you are truly talented beyond words!! I cannot tell you how perfect everything is...it must be such a great feeling to have everything ready for precious baby girl!! Not too much longer now! :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Immeasurably More Mama said...

Doing the nursery tour...your nursery is stunning! Love the seat pad you made... you are very talented!

7:10 AM  
Blogger phillips phamily said...

Love your nook and paint choices! The nursery is so elegant with the chandeliers! Good luck and God bless your nest!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This nursery is just charming. Thanks for sharing!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home